Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Red HM x Red DT CT

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Male: Purchased from St Kilda Aquarium. Red, halfmoon, possibly carrying cambodian/marble genes.

Female: Purchased from Pets Paradise. Dark bodied red, double tail crowntail.

Status

18/08/08 - Six survivors

02/07/07 - Tiny clutch of eggs hatched

Tank Setup

L 28cm, W 17.5cm, H 19 cm acrylic with glass cover

Water level 17cm

Water volume 4 liters

25w heater

Temp 28*C

Plants: lots of water sprite

1 Indian Almond Leaf added to tank

Small sponge filter

Edited by Bettarazzi

Posted

There's been some spawning activity this evening. But I can't see any eggs. I used a styro cup for the first time. I don't usually. Well he built his nest under there of course and but I can't see well enough under there to tell where there are eggs or not. I'm going to leave the female in there for a day or so. There are plenty of plants for her to hide in.

Posted

My Red HM male died a few weeks ago. I was too annoyed about it to post anything on the forum. He had been tending a spawn which I posted in the topic called Tiny clutch of eggs. Anyway I'd given up on that spawn because I couldn't see any fry. Neglected the tank for nearly two weeks. I was about to strip it down to claim back some desk space when I found six survivors. I don't know what they were eating but they looked healthy enough. I've been feeding them for a couple of weeks now and they're doing quite well. I'll try to get some pics today. Hope there's at least one male and one female.

Posted

ooh! sounds like you had a teeny bit of good luck there! sad to hear about the dad though, he was really beautiful :<

Posted

I know. Now I'm torn about whether to change my avatar or not.

Posted

i lost the fish in my avatar before i even signed up for the forums :) i loved her a lot

Posted

There are seven survivors. Seven and a half weeks old when this pic was taken. I'll try to take some better ones. But I thought it was kinda cute how these two were looking at the camera.

Posted

*waves* hello little fishies! they're so huge! (compared to anything mine ever were!)

Posted

awww :3 so cute!

Posted

GIGANTORS!!!

Posted

sorry to hear about your male.

um, is that the correct pic of the female - not red and not a HM - looks like a DT CT.

Cheers, J

Posted (edited)

Apologies. You're right. Correct picture. Incorrect label. I wasn't successful with the red HM female. Then I lost her along with another very good female in a tank that had something funky happening to it. Yes, the mother of this spawn is a dark bodied red DT CT.

Edited by Bettarazzi

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0