Picture Sizes

Please people, be considerant of others, especially those with dial-up, as some of the pics I've seen lately have been MASSIVE, and take forever to load up, and usually I can't be bothered waiting for them and just leave, even tho I'm prob missing out on sum awesome fish.

Before you even put a pic into photobucket or whatever image hosting site you use, plz plz PLZ resize it to a decent size, so that we don't have to scroll sideways or up/down for miles. It does get annoying and tiresome, when all that is needed is a resize after you've got the pic on ur pc. if using paint, just go to "Image' at the top, and choose "Stretch/Skew" which lets you resize the whole pic and not lose to much quality. just change the "Stretch" % to something like 40 or 50% (depending on how big the pic was to begin with) Thanx :)

rant over :)

i agree, i'm also on dial up.

good thread :)

perhaps some more instructions on how to resize might help a few people, perhaps some recommended programs, the cameras that came with software would definitely allow resizing etc

:) Sorry everyone !!! Took photos with camera on my mobile phone uploaded into photobucket used the top line in photobucket to put onto this site. I posted tried to edit them but couldnt work out how to. So sorry once again I was just so happy with them I had to show them off. Will get a proper digi cam soon.Why they came out that big I would not have a clue still :) quite new to this new computer world, any ideas anyone?They looked good in photo bucket.

I think it might have to do with mobile cam 3 megapixel cam on mobile have different settings of image quality

3M-use for large sized prints 10x8 inch

2M-7x5 inch

1.3M-6x4 inch

0.5-ideal size for e-mail

0.3M-ideal for multimedia message

not sure what setting used for pics i guess the last two would of been the best

1.3MP 6x4 inch would be just nice. That would fit on most people's screens. You can always use Microsoft windows picture editor that comes with XP (I was pretty sure it comes with XP anyway) - you can use it to resize your current images. I always find 640x480 pixels is a nice size for a forum.

• 4 years later...

Can someone please help? I have tried to upload a profile pic and not allowed because the file too large and still get this message after i have resized the pic to bellow the 150 x 150 megapixel required.. Please excuse my below average mentality as this is all new to me..

Greatly appreciate any help. :confused: