The Beginning Of My New Planted Tank

Phil

Ok, so following on from my blank canvas thread where lilli posted a few suggestions, i have decided to go with a heavily planted tank with amazon type fish (well mostly) and a few community type ones in there too.

So at the moment i have added one bunch of this fern plant that was flourishing in Abbeys planted tank so i thought i would give it a go and one bunch of corkscrew vallis. More plants to be added once i decide on the final look i want.

Current fish are my 3 female HM bettas and my little beast of a bristlenose (he is a longfin marble!)

Tank:

Posted Image

The beast:

Posted Image

Cheers Phil

Corner filters are only temporary to get the tank cycling till i decide on what sort of proper filter i would like.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you guys trying to say? :( Robbie and his yanking, stefan giggling, mouse putting out a challenge and pritch telling me my bristlenose wants to chew some wood!! :( I should be getting some driftwood soon and some more plants. Have to work on a filter first i think though before going much further.

You guys are great :lol::) Thats pretty cool Leela!! At the aquarium wholesaler that i have been working they have one longfin albino bristlenose left. I am seriously considering it!! Was yours a regular longfin bristlenose? (mind if i ask how much he was? :) )

Yes, he's just a plain ol' longfin bristlenose. I paid $29.95 for him. The LFS are getting in some albino longfins soon, for the same price, so I think I'll get one of them. :lol: I hear a rumour that peppermint longfins are on the way too! :shock: . When I enquired the price on these, I asked whether they would be in the $200 mark... the fellow said, "and the rest! Closer to the price of a Zebra Pleco" I then checked the price of a Zebra Pleco..... $795!!!!! *faints*

Hey thats a pretty good price. Still a high markup on it but for a pet shop thats good. Yes i heard about the longfin peppermints. They sound beautiful. But didnt the first albino's start for a huge price like that in the beginning? Give it a year or 2 and the market will be flooded with longfin peppermints LOL Got any pics of him?

if long fin peppermints are available still waiting to a a pic of one i think it will take a little more than 2 years for them to come down in price as they take 2-3 years before they mature and i think the albinos where considerably cheaper than that when they first come in but yes they where very expensive and also breed a hell of lot quicker and younger than peppermints do but im looking forward to seeing some

Hey thats a pretty good price. Still a high markup on it but for a pet shop thats good.

Yes i heard about the longfin peppermints. They sound beautiful. But didnt the first albino's start for a huge price like that in the beginning? Give it a year or 2 and the market will be flooded with longfin peppermints LOL

Got any pics of him?

Yeah mabey i was exagerating abit. But still things are always expensive at first so unless you have the big bucks, its always smart to hold off for a while. I am just shocked at how cheap longfin bristlenoses are, especially my marble guy above seeing as i didnt even know that the LF ones were avaliable.

Archived