Bn Catfish Fry!

stubbskm

Noticed that one of our BN catfish in the community tank has been hidding for the last week. Curiosity finally got the better of me and I just move the container and sure enough there were fry. :scared: I counted 6. We have not even been trying to breed them and have been treating the tank for an inflection. :cheer: Will be interesting to see how long they last.

bristlenose have large spawns so i would assume most of your fry have been eaten already, if you do want to save more next time , i would move the pot if he breeds in it to another tank or fry saver, the male bristlenose does all the fathering of the fry , anyway congratulations on your fry, careful they cant get sucked up into your filters, i had that happen once when i first started out cheers Sarah

They are in a 4ft tank that contains 8 betta females that are going to be re-housed shortly. We were going to place different fish in there but have decided to leave it for the BN and see what happens. :) So what a few more fry, who's counting between the bettas, guppies, mollies, swords, platys and BN. :) The oscar is the only one I know will not have fry.

I smiled when I read that you're treating the tank for an inflection :) This is exciting. I remember when my severums 'accidentally' spawned for the 4th or 5th time and I siphoned out the babies and raised them myself, to prevent their getting eaten (as had all the previous spawns). It was fun to watch a different species from bettas growing up :)

Archived