Lets Have A Look At Your Tanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

these tanks put my girl's tank to shame ^_^;; i'd love a tank like that, but with several hundred apple snails it's kinda impossible, they eat virtually everything! the only plants that i've tried that have survived are the varius anubis' (as seen in tank). i want to change the substrate in my tank as it doesn't seem to be any good for the roots of the plants. any suggestions on an alternative?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• 1 year later...

Tank1.jpg

This is my 3ft community tank. Not really any plan to detail just stuck it in and let it grow. It's the wild look. I like it though. I only use dino dung and dino pee plus the lighting and the plants go wild. Hey Michael can you see Leanne fish in there? She is still wearing her lipstick and is now the BOSS of the tank.

I love a heavily planted tank. Good work. Nice to see Leanne fish taking centre stage. Anyone with that much make-up was bound to be the centre of attention. :) You'll have to post a close-up photo so the others will know what we're talking about.

I am one of the "works in progress" people. I am making my own tanks, and the are being tested before planting and filling with fish. I have made around 6 tanks that are single fish tanks, I have made some spawning tanks and I brought 2 and a 50ltr (many years ago) 2ft tanks for my community tanks (only the 50ltr in use). The spawning tanks are around 2ft long and around 8 inches or so high and the same deep and one can have 2 seperators placed in if not using for spawning to hold more fish (males). 3 spawning tanks are already working. I am looking for a good way to heat all the tanks (appart from single heaters which i have) to cut down the costs so any ideas would be very helpful!. Here is a photo of my "works in progress" (not a good photo as done with my mobile phone)... I will post pic's when its all complete.... or when some are complete anyway... as all being complete could be years down the track

IMG0165A.jpg

IMG0164A.jpg

IMG0161A.jpg

Hi All

my tanks

some of you may remember when I first started keeping fish I posted on here for advice and had a few set ups in a little aqua one 380 tank, this is the little tank as it is today. re-scaped again now with real plants

P5200042.jpg

40L first attempt at a real planted tank starting from scratch

P5200044.jpg

2 foot tank - re-scaped numerous times now a work in prog wisteria grows great in this and it pretty much becomes a holding tank for any left over plants from the other tanks

P5200050.jpg

Archived