Mouses 4ft Community Tank - a work in progress *56k warning!

• 3 months later...

you'll have to excuse the daggy lump of Java Moss clumped down in the front.. its recharging between spawns :)

Its also a little light on in the fish dept.. only the school of neons, 4 albino cory's, 2 jarred male bettas and 2 females roaming free. I'm way too fussy when it comes to fish. I've been to lfs dozens of times in the past few weeks and all I've walked away with is 4 corys :fish: Although I saw the most gorgeous gold spot pleco today.. MASSIVE fellow!! but his price was also massive and at $380 I left him where he was :)

Posted Image

looking good Mousie :)

love the castle :D gotta get myself one of those when I setup my commy tank :) Good idea with the cories to, white on black, very easy to see :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've never been one for tank ornimants - drift wood is ok, but divers, ships and treasure chests I always considered cheesy. Then I saw this particular castle and simply HAD to have it! I love my castle.. even if it is a little cheesy :)

I love the look of the albino corys on the black substrate. I like being able to see the fish at a glance rather than scour the tank for them the way I had to do with the peppered corys! The female bettas are platinums, so they are easy to spot too :D

What are those tall plants you have in there Mouse? the feathery looking leaved ones?

Looks nice :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

water sprite.. the only plant I can't kill :) I had vals and annubis (sp?) in there along with a heap of others that I don't know the name of, but all that survived my bumbling care was the water sprite. Its just about taken over everything now. I can only assume it loves neglect!

care/ferts? ummm :) The water sprite I have is growing directly in riverstones.. no soil, no gravel.. zilch. I never bothered to put it all back in when I moved house. Figured I would get around to it when I bought some new plants (was going to do a hidden pot type thing) but thats still on the to do list. Hell half the time the stuff produces offshoots that put out roots and just floats around the top unplanted until I get around to it.. growing merrily all the while. Actually planting this stuff seems to be optional.

yep thats the same measly little pickings that survived the tank bombing AND being lost outside in the freezing weather covered over for a few days when I moved. This stuff is seriously mouse-proof :cheer: I miss my Dragon :) I saw another huge CAE at a lfs a while back, but he had a kink is his spine so I left him alone. He looked so much like Dragon though I had to talk myself out of bringing him home despite the spinal deform.

Archived