Storm spawn

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Bit of a storm last night. And it will be a full moon tonight. Decided to take this opportunity to put a few pairs together. To be honest none of them looks ready. But maybe the storm and moon might work their magic.

Pair 1 is a very aggressive yellow HM female who has already killed a yellow make. Putting her with a red (yellow geno) male that I bred myself. This the 2nd attempt with this pair.

Pair 2 is a Steel CT male that I got from Boronia Aquarium with a teal CT female bred by drajit. Also a 2nd attempt. She's the mother of my all-female spawn last summer. Not sure if she'll go again. Might have to try one of her daughters. But I wanted to test the theory that older females produce more males. Tempted to try a 2 female spawning that I read about recently.

Pair 3 is a yellow HM pair from Patsayawan. Female doesn't look ready at all but we'll see. She had been gazing into his tank and seemed interested in what he was up to under that floating IAL.

Not organised enough to take photos. Will try and get some if they don't do the deed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good luck. :)

Posted

Woohoo! Goodluck!

Posted

Not looking too good. The nasty yellow female must have been too rough. Found the male hiding and bubblenest destroyed so I removed her because I didn't want to lose him. But when I went in there just now he'd started building his best again. She's still making very aggressive attacking moves in the adjoining tank. I dunno. I think she might have to be a show fish only. At least I know she will Flare well.

The CTs aren't doing well either. The first female didn't seem that interested so I put one of her daughters in. As well... not instead of. Thought I might try the trio spawning method. I admit the daughter has been well fed but hasn't seen any males. She immediately took fright and hid.

I haven't released the other yellow female. She's floating in a takeaway container which she could easily jump out off but she seems content in there.

I know I've got multiple random methods going. I'm desperate. Don't judge me. Hahaha.

Oh... and I left my blackworms in the fishroom accidentally and they turned into a putrid mess. Sigh.

Posted

LOL. Something will work. ;) Eww at the blackworms.

Nothing happening here either. :( Have moved the gold pair into a bigger tank & he is still working on his nest. She is out of view so I'm feeding them both up on bloodworms & letting her recover a little.

My F2 pair are enjoying their food & occasionally viewings of each other. :D

Posted

Yes. .. I'm still lurking around. Hey razzi, could your yellow girl be a he??

Posted

Yeah always a possibility. Damn the boys with egg spots. Damn them to hell.

Posted

Hello All.

I knows it's been a while.

Four teen/tween girls and a full time job has prevented me from doing much in the way of fish.

Razzi, ( Hi ), you probably know what I'm going to say....

Maybe time for a little low light, Barry White and a chardonnay or two.

I'm looking forward to stalking the forums over the holidays!

Good luck, Tracey

Posted

Damn... I knew I forgot something. Where the hell did I put that Barry White CD? Welcome back Tracey.

All the above attempts were aborted. I'm pretty certain both yellow girls are in fact girls however they either just don't like their boys or are simply not ready. I had intended to condition all of them again for another attempt this week while I'm not at work but December got a bit crazy.