Where to source live food cultures?

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone have vinegar eel and microworm cultures they can sell? I've trawled gumtree and other sites without any luck.

My willpower finally crumbled and I now have five betta on their way from Thailand. One black dragon male, three black dragon females and a red female - all halfmoon's. Beside myself with anticipation :P

Dead keen to breed them in a few months and want to make sure I have the right baby food on hand :D

Edited by Emmaline

Posted

Where are you located? I've got vinegar eels but they can be messy to send in the mail. Would be better if you got them locally.

Posted (edited)

Am on the Mornington Peninsula, Vic. Where are you Bettarazzi?

Edited by Emmaline

Posted

Oh cool. If you come along to the Victoria Betta meet in a few weeks we can load you up with all the cultures you need. Details on http://victoriabetta.com

Posted

yeah come to the vb meet. there will be cultures available and you can give a shout out before hand too :)

Posted

Oh..that sounds awesome. I've got to take my other half to the airport that day - hopefully the timing works so I can pop in. My dragons have arrived, will create another thread for pics.

Posted

I need to drop OH off at tullamarine around 8am..so have plenty of time to drop by. Will you bring me a culture of your vinegar eels please Bettarazzi.

Posted

Umm oops. Just found a dried up puddle of vinegar where the jar had tipped over. Hadn't looked at them in a while. Don't worry we'll locate some. Someone will have some.

Posted

I can bring along some starter cultures of microworms, vinegar eels and white worms to the Vic Betta Meet if you want :)

Posted

Dan_97 that would be terrific! Do I need to bring anything to take them home with me or will they be self contained?

Thank you!

Posted

Don't worry about bringing anything to take them home in, I'll have them all packed in some sort of plastic containers. See you there!!

Posted

Excellent. Thanks Dan. There'll be a few cultures available. The call has gone out. I think there's going to be at least five types of wriggly critters on offer.

Posted

I've always got way too many jars of VE in the cupboard - don't be afraid to sing out if you ever need me to send any over to VB meets :)

Posted

Thanks Brenton you're a champ.

Posted

Got nothing to do with it...I need to split my jars occasionally otherwise the cultures will spoil - it's a need and you'd all be doing me a favour, or I end up with more than the eight jars I currently have on the go... :)

Posted

Hi, I'm looking for a culture of VE's. I'm in Gippsland, willing to travel to Melbourne if needs be.

Posted

Darther come to the International Betta Show on March 1st. There should be cultures on the trading table.