my guppy photo's

roger

yeah i didn't really want him in with my guppies but until my new build is ready i had to , well actually i didn't even plan on getting him , i was in my local pet store every few days trying to find the blue males (which i ended up traveling 200km to get) one of the days at my local the endler was in a feeder tank , i felt sorry for him and home he came :dontknow:

Edited by roger

Not worries.....but he's a lot quicker than the male guppies with their big tails

Fry will be cross breeds.....

NOTE female guppies can store sperm for 2/3 broods

If your intent is to breed the blue guppies, a rethink is in order....;)

yeah i'm going to lose a few months , the 2 males came as pairs so those females will hopefully be ok other wise it looks like january by the time i finish the build have it up and running and them being separated for a few months

thanks

the drive was worth it to me , as it's exactly what i wanted.

when the new tanks ready the difficult one it's looking like is sourcing the albino full platinum's i want , started looking with no luck at all :(

Edited by roger

• 4 weeks later...

original plan was to put the female straight in with my blue moscow males to try and get a few purple moscows but changed my mind and will get a drop from the pure strain first then put her in with the blue moscows . i'll keep you updated on how it goes not sure if i'll get any purples 1st generation it may take a few generations ? the yellow female above i'm hoping to get some green variance to the blue as she has alot of body color for a female , here's hoping ;)

male can only pass on the moscow gene and then add more red color cells for purple and add yellow color cells for green but doesn't say whether it's something you have to tweek for a few generations or if it's gen1 ??? trial and error i let you know in a few months :)

• 2 weeks later...

the endler from the top photo has disappeared i had him with the fry separated from the others and he's gone , lid on but with gaps maybe he's tried to jump and come out and the dog has had a white bait snack? not swimming not floating not down the bottom of the tank just M.I.A ??????????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I'm currently working away and will get some new photo's up of the fry when I get home , my daughters impressed with the endler crosses I've asked my wife for photos but still waiting :( going to have to wait till Wednesday when I get home and see for my self

• 2 weeks later...

all the endler hybrids of size went to the local pet shop this morning as i'm going to concentrate on the moscows , in 2 weeks when i'm home again i'll have another cull as i've literally got 1000 babies swimming around and need to keep numbers low for specific matings otherwise i'll just end up with bitzers mating as they please with no control

Edited by roger