Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Weird Mutation?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys! I have been breeding Red cherry shrimp for a while....and all of a sudden i have found one shrimp that is half whit half red! it is exactly split in half being red and white. I have never had any other shrimp and they are pure red cherry shrimp so i have no idea what else it could be?? I was wondering if anybody had heard of this before?

I am not sure how to add pics so it would be awesome if i had some help there too :) then i can show u guys!

Posted

Hey Fish36, Rilli (Cherry) Shrimp generally have patches of red over a clear (or blue tinge) base. The most common rilli pattern is for a full coloured head and tails with a clear mid section. There are reds (over clear or blue base), carbon (black over blue base), yellows, Sunkist lines being bred. Have not seen many half/half. May be worth trying to selective breed the characteristic into it's own line, as it sounds like a nice variation. Would be great to see an image when you can.

Posted

Yes, lots of variations coming out of the cherries. What you have sounds interesting. I second the motion to try to fix that strain.

Posted

I'd love to see photos! :)

You need to use a photo site like photobucket to put pictures on here. Then you paste the image link in the comments and hey presto there's a photo :) definitely try it as I'm sure a few of us would like to see your shrimpies :)

Posted

Very cool!

Posted

interesting
i'd certainly love to see a picture!!!

Posted

Oh wow that's a gorgeous shade of blue.

Posted (edited)

we get the blue marron over here that look very similar

http://www.truebluemarron.com.au/index.htm

Edited by roger

Posted

They look yummy. I want to eat them. :P

1 person likes this

Posted

they are tasty , same as the normal colored ones ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0