The like this button

maddzvk

the like this button  

7 members have voted

1. 1. do you like the 'like this' button

• no, it sucks.
    • yes, its awesome and way easier than actually responding to posts.
    • I dont care, why is this a poll

right when the forum was upgraded Razzi also got the option to turn on or off the 'like this' button on each post.
i begged him not to since i hate it, it makes it like facebook and i like how with out 'likes' people actually respond but eh.
so heres a poll for who likes and dislikes the like this button

• Like 1

I am on another forum that uses this, and I do think people just press 'like' rather than take the time to respond to a post. On the other betta forum I am on that does not have this function, you definitely get a lot more discourse even if it's just a sentence or two.

Personally on a forum, I prefer if people tell me what they actually liked about a specific post rather than just click a button.

exactly. i feel the like button means there like oh i liked it so ash knows i read it.
where as with no like button theyll be like ohhh ash your pictures are so pretty. wild guru. coccinas. squee cute. tanks look nice. small red fish

Such a biased poll. What about an option to Like something when you have nothing to say? Hardly anyone was responding to Wild Nut's thread I thought at least she could get a few Likes. If people dislike Facebook so much why do they spend so much time there? Huh? Yeah... I gotcha now, haven't I?

Fine. I'll go with the majority. I'll turn it off as soon as I can find it in the silly control panel. What about turning on the rating system instead of the Like button?

The posts do come up with views as well as replies though. I like the idea of responding and when you have to actually write something it tends to turn into a nice comment Atleast

ash and Brenton both routinely spend days (for a brief patch even weeks) talking mostly to themselves :P

I also think likes can be misconstrued or weird its like well what did you like the content, my hilarious sense of humor, brilliant fortography etc

It's okay just as long as I don't start answering my own posts. Or making up alters to make it seem as if I'm not that weird person posting by themselves in the corner *lol*

It's okay just as long as I don't start answering my own posts. Or making up alters to make it seem as if I'm not that weird person posting by themselves in the corner *lol*

I agree that is a very valid point you have made Wild Nut.

Damn it wouldn't let me put my quote separate. Joke...ruined :P

Edited by Wild Nut

said ash to ash...
dust to dust
nope thats not right
pretty red fish?
nah you know we read your threads and love it.
if you came to shows maybe youd forgive us wfor the odd periods we dont respond to your pretty photos ;)

I actually like the "like" button. I have used it and I am also posting. Personally, I will not let a button dictate whether or not I will post a comment. Sometimes I felt that I was posting to myself in my spawn logs and a few "likes" here and there would have let me know people were following my posts and just not commenting...

Cambo_zps125a2af9.jpg

• Like 1