Treated driftwood?

Hi,

I'm currently trying to sort out some issues with my aquarium. I had two pieces of driftwood in the tank, and when I was looking at the receipt from the LFS it says 'treated driftwood'...

Any ideas what this normally means? I'm thinking I'll soak it overnight and recheck PH, ammonia, etc and see what it does to the chemistry..

Quality driftwood is hard to find over hear in the west,there's one supplier to the Lfs I highly recommend .there product

Is safe and useable straight away.tannin release is only minor and apistogrammas,blue rams and Corys love the

Conditions.oh the driftwood is collectied in Western Australia.i've seen this wood at pet majic canning ton,pet

majic success and avid aquariums.

A lot of driftwood has been imported and has to be fumigated to be aloud into the country,thats why your tag says

treated driftwood.i've used imported driftwood before,just boil it before use and let it dry out before putting into

Your aquarium.

Thanks for the info. I got it from vebas aquariums, specifically for use in fish tanks...

It's one of those things I think - there are lots of ways to treat driftwood, and you can't take it as ok off the shelf.

I'll boil it, soak it, and check the water after a week.