Endlers N class

irsacae

They came from Swamp River Aquatics about 2 years ago now.Black bar,red chest and peacock tail also got some wild stock guppies from Venezuela (not a river in Aust' somewhere).They have survived my total lack of interest for the last 18 months but getting spoilt now.I have started moving them to new tanks to split the colonies.

Fancy guppies are whales compared to these guys.

Excellent. You should get yourself on the register. Would be interested in getting some when you have some spare. Apparently there is a body of water somewhere in Qld which has a population of wild guppies that were introduced before fancy guppies were developed. Prof Endler was telling me about them. It's isolated so he's pretty confident that there would not have been any crossing with modern strains. But I don't know exactly where it is. Your comment about some river in Australia reminded me that we do have a fairly authentic wild population.

That would be a great river to find and I wouldn't feel bad about taking them either being an exotic.One of the ANGFA guys here bought some "wild guppies" back from Qld he had caught on a trip over there.I had forgotten he had them I would be keen to have a look at them again, not an ice creams hope in hell I would put any in with mine though.

• 1 month later...

Irsacae,

All these time and you finally surfaced here.....I am talking to the fish...hihihi. The above pic are Flame Tail Wingei and you said you also got Black Bar, Redchest and Original Peacock? If you have time please take some pictures and show us. That was three years ago when I first spoken to you.

Regards

Kanga

Edited by kangakoi

• 8 months later...