White Double Tail Platinum White Half Mouns

42 posts in this topic

Posted

So...

I haven't bred anything for a good 6+ months, I haven't owned betta for longer - I have a planted 3.5 foot with discus and loaches and other nice things.

After a few things going anti-clockwise I've come back.

Not with a vengance, and not even with any real direction.

I'm being cheeky posting this in the Spawn Talk, because this isn't a spawn log, it's an idea log, a returning of the prodigal spawner, it's maybe more of an idea spawning... a spawning of ideas, spidears.

Since giving my fish and tanks away, I've kept my interest in the Victoria Betta group, and community fishy events, learning more in industry and getting involved in all things aquariua- including a trip to aquarama soon, so I'm not totally OUT of the game.

But something tells me I'm dipping my toe back in..... and you'se know me by now, I can't do anything delicately.

It starts with the quiet mumble of "Oops."

I haven't even done a real photoshoot with them because I'm in denial about ...them.

C5A5BC0B-2D90-4C0D-BB6C-50C2D7ACC874-221

I like him, because I think he's a bit unhinged. Here he's flaring at his reflection.

D64EBD44-EEC3-4055-A9B8-26A5C820AAAF-221

Backlit he has some of those red veins through the fins, and he has suffered a bit of stress and you can see here the fin rot attacking his webbing quite dramatically.

Tetracycline, Aquarium salt and IAL in the tank STAT.

E01DEE90-0887-4A5D-8E54-5028370D442A-221

The form is ..ok... the colour is... ok...

it's just.....so nice to have them in my life again.

So crispy, so white.

Posted

They haven't even got tanks yet... this is how irresponsible I am - but there IS a 2 foot in the garage that would make a good spawn tank. Yep.

63348CA1-9230-4123-AF3E-78F03F41C168-221

http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/nessbay/media/1F118EF9-4FE4-4146-9924-14A79BD5A6A4-221-00000011CAC45261_zps2a5a5a6d.mp4.html

Posted

ooohhh I love him Ness!!

Please breed, yes yes yes I agree :P

Posted

They are lovely, he is especially gorgeous. Time to own up - no more denial - you've posted in the spawning thread so obviously something must be done. =)

Posted

I swear I saw your name beside that pair on someone's channel, and I was telling my mum that you must be getting back into bettas. It is impossible to stay away from them.

Are you sure he is not nipping his dorsal rather than him getting fin rot? One of my males used to savage his dorsal fin. I don't know how but he ended up looking like a plakat *lol*

Also, how are the pair of Empire gudgeons going that I sold you? Was thinking of them the other week when I was at Subscape.

Posted

Hey Ash,

The Empires are actually AT subscape, Justin was saying what a shame it was that we didn't have any bigger stock to show off how good they grow out, and I had just been thinking that they might have wanted a bigger tank - so they're in the display 6 foot!! Very happy harassing the purple spotted gudgeons and the rainbows.

I have the peppermint, who I absolutely adore.

The whites I will have a colgate spawn soon, I just need to get some things in order in the FISHROOM/studio/bedroom/etc room

They are impossible to stay away from.

x

Posted

I think I saw them! I think they would be loving a 6ft to swim around in. They were a massive pair. The gudgeons at Subscape looked tiny compared to them.

Good luck with your future plans. Look forward to seeing your 'colgate' spawn.

Posted

wheeeeeeeeee ness is back!

Posted

Bringing in a bit more spice in the Show judging table, hey ness. Nice looking pair.

Now I want a plakat version of what you have.

Posted

:-) Cool to see you got some Betta's again Ness.

Posted

They are gorgeous. I want some babies.

Posted

Just back from a cheeky holiday snorkeling in Exmouth (holy moly batman, I want a marine tank now)

I digress, I have two very handsome discus that will satisfy my exotic needs for the moment, and a lovely shiny white pair of betta (I can't tell you how happy I am to have betta again)

Mr colgate is actually STILL suffering splits from fin rot, and blowing nests and fighting everyone (floating in a beanie in my 4 foot) Madam looks a million bucks at the moment... I really like her.

I'm going to document his rot and try my little bits off to get him healed up.

I've got plans to go to Singapore for Aquarama, after which I would like to release these two into a spawn tank, but in the meantime theres no harm in buying ANOTHER tank to spawn/keep them in right?

This isn't the beginning of the end, again, is it?

NAAAAH

Just one little spawn

One little one....

I'm off today to find a cheap little tank & will start seeding my 2213 canister so that it's completely over-filtered.

If I want to use this filter on a 60-80 lt tank it's going to have way too much flow for a spawn tank, so I'll have to look into methods to reduce flow, I'm thinking of putting the intake and outtake at the opposing ends of the little tank and using that blue expensive foam to create a thick wall.

Everything depends on flow.

Might just slap a sponge filter in and be done with it.

Yeah.

OFF to Kmart to see what rubbish tanks they have.

Yipee!

Posted

I have an odd sized tank that I can't fit into the new fish room. It's less than 2 foot but more than 18 inch. Haven't measure it though, just relying on my ageing eyes. No lid. You want? $10. :P

Posted (edited)

I'm being a bit cheeky and writing a full spawn log (and making breeding notes etc) on my fancy pants new page: http://www.victoriab...m/mbspawns.html

But here is the photo essay TOO

I was quite impressed by their courtship, I've only had this happen once before, but I read the play, introcuded 4 times in 2 hours, and then just left them together after adding more cover

They spawned within 12 hours

4518625_orig.jpg

2097432_orig.jpg

9026413_orig.jpg

2036933_orig.jpg

995785_orig.jpg

Edited by melbournebetta
1 person likes this

Posted

523319_orig.jpg

And then

3906357_orig.jpg

And now...

7374761_orig.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Ness,

Great photography shots as always. Keep em coming :P

Posted

They look really awesome. Can I steal your photography skills for a moment here?

Posted

Felix! You should come meet us at Aquarama!

Posted

Hey! You guys going there too?

I'm going to be there for 2 days :D Hope to see you all there if you're going!!

Posted (edited)

Oh my god it'd be great to see you! We'll be there from the 26th to 30th (I think)

Do you have facebook? - we could keep up to date with eachother there (I won't have a phone)

Victoria Betta misses you!!

PS - oh yeah, the fish.

There seems to be a few little pairs of eyes in there - Jan is a legend and dropped off MW cultures.

I'm going away for 4 days, so will stick toothpicks in the culture and tell my housie to drop one in each day i'm gone (should work)

WHEE!

Edited by melbournebetta

Posted

Use plastic toothpicks not wood. The wooden ones might start rotting.

Posted

26th to 30th?! What about the 1st-2nd?! That'd be when I go there! >_>

Yes, I do have facebook, it's mail4felix@gmail.com if you guys want to add, or let me know yours and I'll add you! Just let me know that it's you (because lots of random people whose name I've never heard of added me and I never approve them) I MISSES VICTORIA BETTA TOO. My god, there are so many distractions here that have kept me from breeding anything. I miss breeding stuffs, and I shall get back to it right away soon!!!!!!

Oh, and about the culture..

or prepare lots of toothpicks and tell her to use new one each time XD

Posted

Home from Aquarama and here is the little noodles saying hello.. I've counted about ten, I knew it was a very small spawn when they wrapped for about 4 mins.

That suits me!

IMG_0382_zpsa0327db4.jpg

They are small and defo DT

IMG_0381_zpsa8aa0e2f.jpg

Not my normal photo quality but they're bloody small

IMG_0378_zpsef218226.jpg

This is my fry setup - converted from the breeding setup - I sometimes use javamoss to keep them off the ground, but I'm under-supplied so this is how it looks at the moment

IMG_0376-1_zpsffd5b3ea.jpg

This dude is being a fry, like a boss:

IMG_0368_zps2e41be41.jpg

Posted

Ness, very very straight Caudal on that boss.

Can't wait to see him/her as the fish matures.

Posted

they're beginning to be shiny already! :cheer: