Lamp eye Killi fish

les

Some time ago I was given some lamp eye killifish, ( Normanii )

My mate hadnt had any success at breeding them so I didnt hold to much hope for myself in doing any better. I very rarely change the water of this tank and only feed the BBS and Grindel worms. Today I was carrying out a major water change on all tanks. After draining out most of the water from the lamp eye tank I thought MMM there seems to be a lot of movement for just four fish, so on putting on my glasses and counting them I now have twelve. So I guess that means they have bred. I am feeling lucky now so I will move them to a big tank that they can have all to themselfs and hopfully they will breed again.

Cheers

les

Hey Jarrod

They wont get a new tank till I put them in the new fish Shed. I just have to get the power on and some shelves built now. so not long Ha Ha famouse last words.

Cheers

Les

Congrats les! I just googled them and lamp eye are indeed interesting fish, they were nothing like what I expected to see.

Yeah, once everything is set up... Photos would be awesome. You sure you can't just take one of them in their current tank? ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Irsacae

Last winter I didnt have the lamp eye or gold panchax in heated tanks and the went well. I will put a heater in with the lamp eye soon though as I want them to breed over this winter so I have bigger numbers for summer.

Cheers

Les

• 1 year later...

These guys are such rabbits, The tank I have full of these guys looks amazing in the dark with there eyes shinning like blue lamps. I am going to start growing them in troughs this summer just to save space as room is of a primiam

• Like 1

@ Shadoh: I will try for pics but you do know that I am notouriously bad at taking them.

@ Maddie: Well now that sounds like a good reasone to visit again :yes: . It must have been James I was talking to about the striatum whilst you were here.

Cheers

Les