Aquascape Plants

So whats everyones favourite plants for aquascaping?

What special things do you do to help this plant thrive in your setup?

What do you keep with your aquascape?

Thought be good to see what everyone has as their favourites.

Most types of Hygrophilia are very easy to grow, the green ones are definitely the easiest. I like most things from that family of plants. Most are low to mid light demanding, a bit of fertilizer every week or every few days is better and they're happy. I also enjoy all types of Crypts. Anything 'Fern' so Java fern, windolov fern, narrow leaf fern, etc. I like simple plants. The less work, the better.

• 1 year later...

got all excited then for a second, I thought Yan was back...

Plants - calling what I do aquascaping is a long stretch of the bow, but for what it's worth - Anubias are my staple plant. I have some peacock moss, but everything else are silk to add extra breakage of line of sight. I have a number of different sorts of Anubias so it doesn't all look the same...but then the plants aren't in my tanks to look nice - just to use up some of the waste from the fish and provide shelter and somewhere to sleep :)

I don't have favourite plants as such. I've been planning a scape for a couple of years now (yeah I know it takes me a while to get my projects off the ground). Anyway the plan is for it to have medium lighting but no special substrate. Ferts added at water changes, haven't decided about CO2, maybe not. But in terms of plants I think you can get a very nice effect using only anubias, java fern, and mosses. I also want to try growing done staurogyne (last attempt woeful) and I've a decent amount of süßwassertang that I nursed back from just a few strands that I'd like to use. Saw a post, not sure if it was here, where someone grew it like a little bush which looked cool.