NEED HELP

plakathunter123

hi everyone need some help ive got about 200 to 300 baby fighters that hatched yesterday and ive got a 2ft tank for them to grow out in but i dont have microworms or brine shrimp eggs what can i feed them my brine shrimp eggs should be here in a week anyone got any tips for food and good servivol rate

cheers

ayden

You can also boil up an egg, scrape some of the yolk out, put it in a spray bottle with some water and spray this into your tank. You just have to shake the bottle up until there are only very tiny particles of yolk present.

I've used this before on some gourami fry and they would eat it.

However, you have to be careful as any left rotting at the bottom can cause issues with water quality.

I will go with Ashlea on the egg I use it instead of MW as I find it more hasle free and the fry respond to the water change. Just remember only a little you are feeding fry not Rabits, Ha Ha. I also keep wardleys liquid fry food on hand as this is a quick feed for the first two weeks if I am to busy to prep Egg. I start the BBS in the second week but still keep up the liquid food for another week so the smaller fry have a chance.

I hope this helps

cheers

Les

I'm going to be awful and ask why you have hatched eggs and hadn't thought what to feed 'em... but good on you for trying to spawn.

Live food is key in these early days, I'd suggest you start trying to hatch brine shrimp now so you get the hang of it. (It's everyone's biggest problem on the first spawn)

You'll have a bit of loss in numbers too, so keep live food up and water changes are your new best friend.

Goodluck