Nano Reef

MelbourneGlobal

Cheers.

Goes all fluorescent when it switches to blue in the evening, just haven't worked out how to capture it properly with a camera yet.

Zui - how long has yours been set up? How often do you change you water due to waste and evap?

I'm been doing a 1.5L change per week, but i'm a little worried the evaporation in the hot weather might be swinging the salinity too much.

Matt - yeah was a little bit of a concern.

I got a Purple BTA at almost the same time as the White BTA (about 2 months ago),

The Purple BTA has increased in size alot and is very active, but the White BTA is relatively sluggish and it's size seems almost static.

So now target feeding the White BTA with a syringe

Zui - how long has yours been set up? How often do you change you water due to waste and evap?

I'm been doing a 1.5L change per week, but i'm a little worried the evaporation in the hot weather might be swinging the salinity too much.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Same.

I would love to start a marine tank. Possibly in my two foot tank. But, it seem Marine nano tank is the way to go this days.

How do you manage to get your coral to grow so well? I have a friend who is into marine and he is trouble getting his coral to grow. He is ending up algae all over his tank.

He said its because he used tap water instead of RO water.

A 2 foot would be way easier and less work to maintain as the parameters will stay more stable. But costs more to set up etc...

Thanks- The zoanthids, corallimorphs, ricordea i grew myself, the rest i bought.

Yeah tap water does make algea grow like crazy, RO is great but just sea water is great. It can be done with tap water though.

In my opinion the most important thing next to water is a proper 'clean up crew', having a marine tank without the correct combination CUC simply will not function or stay clean.