What can I keep other than bettas?

StephanieBell

Hello!

I'm meant to be downsizing! Getting rid of the 3ft sorority tank and housing girls separately (there's only 6 of them) etc. I will have 3 or 4 spare 10 litre tanks. Just wondering if there are any other fish I could keep in tanks that small. I've only ever really kept Bettas and I love them, but it would be nice to keep something else as well, rather than more bettas (and I'm getting really sick of 2 cases of the incurable fin rot that 2 HM boys have...GRRR! If anyone has a cure for that that would be a bonus).

I really don't know much at all about other species.

Maybe some shrimp?

Edited by Steph90

Shrimp are kooky and fun, they are pretty low maintenance too, with virtually a zero bioload.

You could look at a small gang of Guppies? The fancy russian ones have incredible tails, I have 4 in a little self-contained Dymax IQ3 (9 lt I think) and they're happy chaps.

Maybe look at a gang of lil tetras or danios? (assuming it's heated?) if not a little handful of white clouds might be nice.

the other option is a little nano aquascape, maybe 3 side by side with a good light above?

I love this setup:

20110616-122742.jpg

*whispers* Go for liquorice gouramis. Who could resist these little faces?

IMG_5799.jpg

Last time I checked Adrian at Exotic Aquatic had them in stock for like $9 each. He ships live fish I believe so there's really no reason not to get some now is there *lol*

Nah I'm pretty sure they were only $9 or something like that. I am povo at the moment so I don't think I paid over $20 for them each. On the facebook page for EA it said between $8-$15.

He always has lots of cute, nano suitable fish there. Like...clown killies :D