Meet Rocko

BettaObsessed

Rocko.jpg

Kids have been nagging for over a year (probaby closer to 2) for another one and saw these almost half price at a not-so-lps. The issue had always been that my son wanted a yellow one and I wanted a black so we have compromised and got white :D After much discussion they agreed on the name Rocko. The were each coming up with names and we were going to vote on a couple of them. Some of the ideas were Frankenstein, Drop Dead Fred which was shortened to Freddie, William, Mr Freckle. Then one of them looked in the bag and he looked like he was dancing so they called him Rocko. We live in the Rockingham area which is also called Rocko so I thought we could call it Bogan for short :giggle:

I haven't worked out yet whether it is male or female. They couldn't tell at the shop but I thought it might be female?

• 1 month later...

After some research I have found out Rocko is a male. I have discovered these guys are better of being hand fed so I often have to count to make sure I still have 10 fingers after he mistakes them for his food. I was a little worried yesterday when he was just sitting at the top but he seems ok again today so all good. He keeps us entertained :)

He's a lovely albino! Definitely a male. :)

I always look at these guys and think they could not make up thier minds on wether to become a lizard or a fish! B-) I have no idea what sex it is either.

Axolotls are neotenic salamanders, which are amphibians (same class as frogs and toads). Neither a fish or a lizard.