Fundulopanchax spoorenbergi

KillieOrCory

This is a fish we had a few years back. I believe it hasn't been seen in Australia since the 90's. If anybody hears of this fish in Australia please let me know. I would love 5 pairs.

Here is a photo of one of my fish from many years ago.

Aspoorenbergi-1.jpg

Those are some nice looking killies. Shame so many species seem to just whittle off and fade into obscurity here.

I have been enjoying perusing killies online lately and there are just so many amazing fish out there that are just out of reach for someone like me.

Hi Ashlea,

You have plenty of experience now, don't know what you are talking about. The most important thing about keeping killies is the interest, if you have the interest (which you do) the rest is just jumping on the opportunity to get them if they appear.

Oh no I meant as in the average hobbyist who isn't part of clubs or has connections etc. Unfortunately, I had some problems in a couple of my tanks and lost a few of my killie partners so I got left with the odds and sods. I've been slowly building back up my numbers but it's hard when so few places stock them.

Wish I could go to your killifish meeting I saw you advertising. Would have liked to have gone and drooled over all your tanks haha

Ashlea you are welcome to visit anytime you are down this way.

Just keep a list of what you need and I might be able to send you the odd ones you are missing out once it warms up a bit!

I just woke up to another -4C morning yesterday! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by KillieOrCory

-4 degrees eek. And I thought Melbourne was cold. I think my mum is going up through Canberra for some dog show in September? I will have to send her with a camera to go in my stead haha

I will definitely be contacting you about killies once it warms up. The only pairs I have now are striatum, australe gold and clown killies. I feel a bit sorry for my poor little lonely males as killies dedicate so much of their time to getting down and dirty *lol*