F. Striatum

les

I found out on Tuesday night that as shop over an hours drive away had two types of Killi in so after ringing the next day I went there today to get some new Killi I ended up with four pairs of striatum that are very small. about 3 to 4 cm and cost me $90. with my ANGFA discount so I was prity happy. the other type they had was Filamentosa but there was a problem and only four males suvived. I had to poke myself in the eye not to buy them as they are such a stunning fish. I will keep two pairs of the Striatum and the other pairs are going to other members of our Killi group. If I call it that will it happen? LOL

Cheers

Les

Well Serkan my mum is going to the Canberra German Shepherd dog show soon... except then no one would be home to take care/obsess over my preciouses.

Coburg had a few species of killies last time I was in, striatum, chocolate australe, clown panchax, poliaki (need to get another pair as my female jumped ship).

Does anyone own/know of any Aphyosemion ogoense in Australia? Saw their profile on SeriouslyFish and they look stunning.

I couldn't find this thread and realised it was in the guppy section haha.

Five eggs last night YAY

I wasnt going to put mops with these four pairs as I was going to wait and grow my two pair up a bit. I told my mate ken I had two pairs for him and his friend and he recond throw the mops in know so I did. Low and behold there was eggs when I checked two days later. None of the Killi tanks are heated but I am still getting eggs so I am realy happy with that.

Cheers

Les

Thanks Paul

Hey Serkan I am realy suprised at how cold tolerent the two types of Apheosymium? / fundoplanchax? are my tanks are bottoming at about 18 at night and not getting much above 20 in the day but the change is very gradual and the fish arnt showing any signs of stress.

Cheers

Les

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Razzi

when I first got them Ididnt have the heat on and was collecting every two or three days, now I have put the heat on it is every day they are as good a layer as my P82 s. When I got the fish they where very small and so where there eggs but now the two pairs are bigger and so are there eggs and production. They are being feed only live food, BBS, BW and GW they like the BW the best.

How is the new house going and when will your fish room be compleate? ill send you eggs when you want them OK

Cheers

Les

The new house is a plot of bare earth at the moment. Won't be ready for awhile. I'm tempted to get some killies before then. I need them for my breeder badge after all. But that means setting up another tank ot two... Let me think about it. Thanks for the offer though. Striatum are one of my faves.

Hey Razzi

I didnt relize they hadnt started on the house yet. You dont realy need a tank set up. Takeaway container for the eggs to hatch in thats the first two weeks of life taken care of. a household bucket with an air stone for the fry to grow out takes care of the fry till they couler up then the tank to display and take pics. easy squeesy. let me know when I should send them.

Cheers

les

So the first lot i got three fry from but the last colection has just started to hatch. see whats happening one so far but the rest will follow

When they where colected

IMG_0850.jpg

There are so many eyed up

IMG_0847.jpg

and one hatched

IMG_0846.jpg

Yes it is small but it does matter LOL (That sounds so lame) but I am senciere

Well if you are after them you know where to get them

Cheers

Les