Bristlenosii & corydorii.

Long weekend, had a bit of time this afternoon.

Bristlenose & bronze cory relaxing:

7171851147_f22bc02109_z.jpg

Bronze corys relaxing:

7171858087_7be7946bf6_z.jpg

Due to the recent snailocopolypse in my tank I had to hang the cucumbers so the bristlenose and otos can munch in peace without the snails overrunning the food:

7171919137_099b449ff3_z.jpg

7357095910_9c4ddf45a6_z.jpg

7357135556_1a42eeced4_z.jpg

Edited by SiameseFightingFist

nice long fin bn

Are you sure they're long fins? I thought the long fin varieties had even longer fins than the one in my photos?

i like the corys, would like to keep afew oneday. what kind of tank do they like?

I've received all kinds advice from the people at the LFSs about this, but my tank is about 22c, with light gravel with no sharp edges so that they can do their digging and foraging. They loved a bit of current, when I had one of those filters that dropped water straight down into the water, the corys used to play in the current all the time. They also love to play and hide in the giant moss growth.

• 4 weeks later...

So, not long after I posted these photos, the bristlenose disappeared. For two weeks. Then one day it suddenly appeared again.

I honestly thought it died and the snails consumed the body. I was really down about this for a while. For two weeks to be exact.

So it was amazing when it appeared again, a little discoloured, a little thinner. But he's still there.

I looked up the net and found that he was probably nesting some eggs somewhere but I can't imagine the eggs would have survived amidst the snailcopolypse. Even if the fry were hatched, I can't imagine the other fish would've let them go.

Hahaha... just make sure you don't have fishes large enough to eat them!

He's definately a longfin, my albino longfins has longer fins but his fins are pretty impression not to mention very very healthy! Well done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love your pictures! They're so well taken...

Well done with raising your baby BNs to that size, they're normally indestructible after this age. The water is so clean too... you're a really good fish keeper would you like to come over to my house and do some water changes?

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!

Was doing a water change tonight and vacuuming the gravel under the moss when all of a sudden a BABY PANDA CORY popped out!!!!!

I didn't even know the pandas had laid eggs.. I didn't see any??

7979459466_596eb266de_z.jpg

I would place a 50 cent coin next to the baby panda for size reference but it would swim away so here's a photo instead, the baby panda is about half the size of the 50 cent coin:

7979587180_5582b756d0_z.jpg