Aplocheilichthys Panchax (Gold)

les

These arnt the best pics to show of the coulers these small fry are starting to show there anal fins have and ammazing blue irid to them and the rest of there body are gold and I dont mean like a gold fish gold like real gold. the are just stunning there father was quit big fo I hope these guys get to a decent size

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

I will try for better pics but there tank is in a corner and my legs are a bit dicky at the moment so I am not stable enough to get the right angle for pics

Cheers

Les

PS if Sjoestedi is the Mac of Killie then these guys would have to be the Arowana they realy love to hunt

Edited by les

OUCH that hurts "OKLAHOMA" ( I think thats the safe word ) Na realy I just copied it from my list. I think my spelling is like a washing machine it stops in fits then starts

Cheers

Les

Not long since the last post but these guys are changing real quick

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

They are so fast. and the males are getting the red hue to there tails.

Serkan! at what age do these guys sexualy mature?

Cheers

Les

Hey Jarrod

The blue is only on the anal fin when seen at an angle very hard to capture. Ninty percent of the pics I took didnt show up as much yellow as I wanted but it is there as you can see the only thing I didnt realy capture was the red on the cordels of three males it is just stunning. I have been building new spawning tanks and will post pics when I have them set up, I think they would be ok for Betta as well. I will chose two pairs out of these Panchax and the rest will go into a display tank where the Female Betta and spare Guppy trio's are being kept at the moment.

Cheers

Les

Thanks Serkan

Thats great news as they have definatly reached that size. I just made some new tanks for them long and shallow and they are going bazerk, I will put the mops in tomorrow

Cheers

Les

• 3 months later...

Ok so today I collected five eggs from these guys. this is the first time and I am so excited as i realy like them for there hunter attitude. The only heat for there tank is a heat mat that keeps the temp a couple of degrees ubove what it is ( used for plant prop trays). I would like to have enough for tub spawning this summer.

Cheers

Les

Hi Chi

There are five pairs in this tank. This is why I get so many eggs and this is why I have to get them early or they poach them. They do lay a large egg about the same size as the Blue gularis but they are a robust fish so they can cope with that. They eat like it is going out of fasion they get Blackworm three times a day pluse any left over grindels and BBS.

They seem to work well for me in large numbers like this as the agresion is spread out more evenly and they look great in larger groups. If I had my way I would have about twenty pairs breeding in outside ponds as the larger the numbers the better the genetic stability. but I will try that once I have reard enough fry

Cheers

Les

Edited by les