I'm Getting a Fishroom!

Sarah

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha!

Well I will definitely get those photos sometime tomorrow, don't you worry. Really I just want to see it all set up.

My parents are deciding what it will be used for when I move out eventually, as they have been since it was first planned.

As my younger brother said the other day, "You're living in your parents' garage! Get a job and your own place already you bum!"

Really, I'm 15 - it's not like I'm 40. I think I still have a few years but it does sound as if my moving is already being planned. As my mum says "it's good to be prepared". *lol*

I'm with you BH, can't draw, can't paint, can't build either. Actualy, I can't think of much I can do now. Lol. :-).

Very exciting Sarah, I am very jelous. ;-). Now you have the fun part. Must say though, you have no proof. Photos are a must before you start gloating. :-)

I know what its like to just want it done.. ive got 72 hrs to wait to test the silicone i laid today :( and your lil brother just wants you out for all the room to himself :P i've been dreaming of a fishroom since i was bout 14/15 but never really got one.. now im 22 with a missus and step-son (talking of another kid very soon :D) with wicked landlords so i'm setting up in 1 of the 4 rooms :D i could imagine the excitement :)

Hey busman, look at my thread in the diy.. 1st time silicone job EVER (can u tell im proud lol)... anythings possible haha ;) be cold out there sarah.. i can wait till 2morrow ;)

Edited by betta_hobbyist

OK OK, well the dogs were just put to bed in the laundry the second I got my camera (laundry right next to fish room, the wall with the cupboards is the outside of the laundry wall), so just missed taking them out while I was there.

Weellll here are the pics, went out in the cold, through a spiderweb and dodged a mother telling me to get back inside as she put the chooks away (and then accidentally locking her outside, which didn't make her too happy).

BUUUUTTTT here they are. The lighter green doesn't look so green/yellowish in real life.. much more pale. I think it's the camera and/or the light.

DSCN7673.jpg

DSCN7674.jpg

Heh. :)

You'll definitely have to come and see when it's done. :) Mum and dad said I could have the fish people come for a meet sometime.. they were giggling about the whole "fish meet" thing again, I'm sure they'll have another story to add to the list of what they tell people (such as, "one time I opened the fridge and there was an AXOLOTL in there! Sarah keeps fish. Not one. But like a couple thousand. She spends her time cleaning tanks. One time she told her friends she couldn't go to the movies because she "had to feed her fish Had young fry, had already had music lessons and had lunch with friends, it was time to feed them.", etc etc).

Oh yeah, and the cichlid tank can't go in tomorrow because dad needs to modify the stand, so it will fit neatly into the wall. It has a different design, so otherwise won't fit in properly.

Since that tank is empty, and outside ready to go (MAY have been featured in some of the previous pics in the background), I want it to go in first. Will go in easier if there aren't other tanks next to it, and I want to get a proper distance between that and the neighbouring tanks...... so if I get the space wrong I'll have to redo it. It's my chosen "first tank to go in", and I guess you could say everything gets built around it.

Now, I have NO idea if I made sense there, in my ramble.

I think I might be one of those rambling old people. Just like my Grandfather.... and my Grandma I guess, too.

Nothing wrong with rambling, I do it all the time. It annoys my wife and kids but it also has the effect of making them go away and leave me alone in my shed with my fish in peace. Does it sound like I am rambling, I hope not don't want to annoy any one with incessant rambling lol

Thanks Wayne. :)

Good idea... yet, that would take up tank space. ;)

Oh, and I'm not sure if I've said this or not, but my sister is giving me her old marine tank (they moved and don't want to take it). It's 3ft high from memory. :)

And some guy is giving me two more, I think around 2ftish. He and my dad were talking about my fish and he was going to throw them away.

Thankyou. :)

Started moving the tanks in... have the corner tank (future cichlid tank), the stand I have my smaller tanks on (20L-30L betta tanks, spawn tank will go there too), and a tall 2ft.

About to go and move my 3ft planted tank... have to empty it completely, take all plants, fish and substrate out.. move tank and re-do everything.

Wahh... somebody want to help? This is the tank I'm least looking forward to moving.

Edit: I'll pop some photos up as soon as the planted tank has moved.. might take all day...

Edited by Sarah

OK.. piccy time me thinks!

Most of the work these past few days were moving the planted tank. Had to take EVERYTHING out, so it wouldn't crack when I moved it. Then setting it up/planting it again. Starting to clear up now.. forgot how much of a slow-go that was.

The majority of the tanks are in the fish room now. Still have four in my bedroom, but none are running at the moment. Need stands built for them (currently were on my drawers).

My largest tank, previously home to my axolotls, is staying in my room. Won't fit in the fish room, was going to pop it in the middle.. but that doesn't give much walkway and mum didn't like that idea at all. That's going to have angel fish and discus.

The community tank is staying in the lounge room, it's nice there and the family like it.

Getting a couple tanks from a guy from church, dad was talking to him and he was just going throw them out... sound like a couple 2fts. Also my sister's old marine tank (that's going next to the corner tank where you can see some of my junk is piled).

Dad's working on the work cupboards, but until then most of my junk, er, equipment, is either piled on the far wall as you can see. I also have stuff still in my room, some in the laundry and a couple large tubs in the garden shed.

BUT I do have my dryfood/med cupboard up, still have a few bits and bobs around the place that I need to pop in, too.

DSCN7679.jpg

Question: This stuff... floating pellet things... what eats this? I COULD crush it up and feed to the fish.. but without crushing it I don't own anything that will be able to get.. and the fish don't seem to be nibblers. If they were sinking it would make slightly more sense.

DSCN7680.jpg

Progress: Please excuse all the stuff over the place, pretty messy for the moment.

DSCN7681.jpg

DSCN7682.jpg

DSCN7683.jpg