Sarah's Scorpions!

Sarah

A lot of questions!

No I used the little camera I took up to Brissy, I normally have it in arms reach. I took the pics, Daniel tired to take some, but they ended up extremely blurry (needs more practice). Oh wait - he did take the ones I'm in.

Yes, my mum knows - she gave me a worried look but I told her it wasn't dangerous and I didn't get stung again.

DSCN7145.jpg

DSCN7146.jpg

DSCN7149.jpg

DSCN7150.jpg

You put it in the container I took Snugglebum home with, as I said on FB you're welcome to have it back if you like.

As for the photos turning out better - I think it was the whole "oh no, somebody is watching me take photos... PRESSURE.." and they turn out blurry. I get nervous if somebody is within 3ms of me. Don't laugh.

Last pics - the littlies!

DSCN7152.jpg

DSCN7153.jpg

DSCN7154.jpg

DSCN7155.jpg

• 6 months later...

If a scorpiom stimgs you, the best thing to do is nothing, there is no antivenin and no Australian species are dangerous. Some hurt like hell but you won't die. Most spiders aren't dangerous either, it's just some of the Hadronche species and Atrax robustus.

The deadly scorpions aren't even that bad (comparatively) anyway, you're only at risk if you're young, frail or elderly. The deadly ones come from the genus Centroides, the most famous is the Arizona bark scorpion, Centruroides sculpturatus. Australia has scorpions in the same family, the Buthidae, but they will cause only very intense pain, and they're very small, most being 30mm or so and the largest reaching 50mm. These are mine, Lychas sp. "riverlands" they belong to the Buthidae as well.

IMG_8295.jpg