AusAqua Change of Ownership

Bettarazzi

Hi all,

Some of you will have noticed the reduced activity from Lilli of late. After more than six and a half years at AusAqua, Lilli has decided to hand over the reigns. So effective immediately I will assume ownership of this site.

Lilli started this forum along with three friends and has had to deal with some extremely difficult situations over the years. There were the ‘forum wars’, the stalker, the feral members who used AAQ to air their domestic disputes then threatened us with legal action, and not least of all, the sudden and unexplained departure of her fellow admins. But we won’t dwell on the bad times.

Lilli has made a tremendous effort in building up and developing the content of this forum. Despite periods of absence she still heads the Top Posters list. We are by and large a happy and friendly forum. This is largely a result of Lilli’s influence on the manner in which we engage with each other. In recognition of this, as my first act as owner, I am giving Lilli the title of Honorary Life Member. It comes with permissions which will allow her to step in should I get hit by a bus and I thank Lilli for agreeing to act as emergency admin.

Please join me in thanking Lilli for her contribution to AusAqua and wishing her well in her future endeavours. I hope she will pop in once in a while to say hello and tell us about her latest hobbies. I for one will deeply miss seeing her avatar among the day’s posts.

it's always sad to see old members leave :( i certainly hope you'll pop in every now and again, because even if you ever step out of the hobby, your experience is still something people like me treasure :)

good luck with the future Lilli!

(and Bettarazzi, please don't get hit by a bus... you should at least enjoy your new lord-of-all status for a bit XD)

Your safe Razzi, I drive in Brissie. Lol. :-).

Thankyou Lilli for this wonderful site and the huge amount of info available to us all. Best of luck in whatever you choose to do in the future.

Congratulations Razzi. Hope this forum can continue for many years to come.

*bows head*

Oooh... The power!!!

Although its sad to see someone stepping back, I'd like to add my thanks to Lilli for setting up (and sticking with) what is by far the friendliest, community driven, helpful forum I've ever been a part of.

And Razzi, you'll do a super job as Lord High Master of the World. If you need any minion assistance let me know. I have ninjas. :giggle:

This forum has been a godsend in more ways than just working out what the hell PH means, for myself and my fish.... we've got Lisa to thank wholeheartedly for the stamina and patience it takes.

Razzi, you and your pearly whites, you also have what it takes.... can't think of a more clever, diplomatic & knowledgable human to put in charge.

tumblr_lu8hihoZNr1qz7lxdo1_500.gif

innit

• 3 weeks later...

I have not been hear long but the site is the first forum I have ever belonged to. So I say thank you Lillie for developing a forum that hosts such a good natured user body it would not have been easy at times.

Razzi, No bus please, or tall building or walking under laders. or braking mirrors, Get my drift, No risk taking at all however you may live in a bubble filled with oxygen OK it worked for Jhon Travolta

Cheers

les

Wow, well done Lilli for developing such an amazing site filled with so much knowledge. When I first joined, I learnt so much from you and your wealth of knowledge.

Thank you very much for the magnificent contribution you have made.

Best of luck to Razzi filling in her shoes :)

• 2 weeks later...

What a nice thread to come back to :)

I have always taken the view that it's the members who create the sense of community here, and I can't take the credit for that

:bighug:

I don't actually have any fish any more, and don't plan to for the foreseeable future, but it's nice to know you're all keeping and breeding lovely bettas if I do decide to return to the hobby :D

I can't say I've ever interacted with Lilli but I can say that this site is a credit to her. Its friendly and filled with fountains of knowledge that I plan to pump for some time yet, so thankyou for making this community and keeping it alive for so long. So farewell, adieu adieu, and lets look forwards to six years more!

It is must be my bad luck that haunted this site. As I just registered and Lilli stop keeping Betta. Hey, thirty years is not long. I came back. And now the world is not just with Siam Plakat and that yucky..long tails..we're now got crown tail(I called them drag Queens)and there the Dragon and there is the half moon and full moon(that the thing we do in high school when we full out pants down..ha..ha)they are lovely but...Na...give me a plakat or may be a Dragon plakat...Thanks

• 4 months later...

I can't say I've ever interacted with Lilli but I can say that this site is a credit to her. Its friendly and filled with fountains of knowledge that I plan to pump for some time yet, so thankyou for making this community and keeping it alive for so long. So farewell, adieu adieu, and lets look forwards to six years more!

Here here!!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

wow.. I'm with Shannon on this one. Life takes over and you don't get to the places you love and WHAM everything changes. Lisa, thank you so much (and of course the other developers) for bringing us this fantastic forum. I wish you well and I know that this being your baby you will drop in occasionally.

Razzi, congratulations on being selected as our new Guru, big shoes, hope you've got big feet. I know you will fill them perfectly.

On another note, I have been away for a while. I'm no longer a chardonnay girl (remember the H is silent, Kylie's been to France). I'm an older and wiser SSB girl now. I can't claim to be more mature. My favourite quote goes something like... Growing old is not optional but growing up is!

Cheers Razzi