Platinum angelfish spawn log

Matt_95

As most of you probabaly knopw my platinum angel fish I got from Fishchicks paired up and spawned for me on Friday. I'm starting a spawn log now so I'll talk about them here and not in my other thread.

Eggs laid: 11th of november

Hatched: 14th of november

Free swimming: ????

The father

IMG_5736-1.jpg

The mother

IMG_6120.jpg

The pair

IMG_6126.jpg

The eggs

IMG_6121.jpg

They are still not free swimming!!! The batch in with the parents are goingwell, they are fanningtgem and nothing is trying to eat them yet. They are eating the unfertalised ones. They arn't very aggresive when I go near the eggsand often arn't anywhere near them, I don't have high expectations of them. It will probabaly take a few goes for them to get it right sincemost comercially bred angels are raised artificially and begin to loose their instincts.

They usually don't go free swimming for about a week.... they stay tethered to the leaf / rock while they absorb the yolk sack ......

If the other pair have spawned the other fish will be keeping their distance - angels will bail the rest up at one end of the tank normally.....

Most have fallen off the leaves, they are melting away, they seem to be developing fine though.

All the other fish are acting normally, the bettas are swimming right past the eggs. Only the angels are different, they nip at the other two a lot. Maybe when the eggs hatch it will change?

did the fry end up on the tank floor? It's always good to have a nylon mesh strainer or two handy to put fry in especially if they are just eggs with eyes and tails - this keeps them off the bottom of the tank and keeps water circulating all round them - hardly lose any this way....

Not sure, some where on the floor some still on the leaf.... Perhaps it was the decomposing leaves?

I'm thinking of moving the pair to their own tank now so they can do it themselves and get some gold pearl scales to pair up in this current tank.

They appear to be getting ready for another spawn, getting territorial and cleaning of the crypts again, the crypts have responded with melting after they picked holes in the leaves! I think I have to get rid of the other angels they don't get along anymore, I may put the pair in a 2 foot tall tank and sell of these guys and get some black angels that I saw at Fishchicks last week.

They ane nice, I don't think we have the pinoy ghost here, from memory its a cross between the platinum blue and a ghost, the plantinum blue gene is also called the philapean blue or pinoy for short :) The second looks photoshopped, mine have that blue sheen but is only at certain angles...

I am thinking either the black hybrid angel or gold pearlscale.