New Scape For Wilds

If they were from the last lot of wilds someone got they are quite possibly some from Hermanus - he breeds very good quality wilds and is well respected as a wild breeder - you got some celebrity fish there Jarrod :P

That 'lilly type' plant looks very much like a pond plant I had once - took over the pond floating on the surface and had roots hanging down into the pond - leaves were held above the water surface - vaguely recall the name "blue beans" or something similar given to it....

start sharpening the machete :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The female was the more sociable one for me aswell, the male disapeered for a week and a bit at first, I thought he had jumped out.

She said if I got the CB ones then yes they were, I think I bought one of the captive bred ones, I avoid buying WC fish unless CB isn't an option. Yes it was definatly Hermanus, she put me in conntact with him when they wouldn't feed so I could find out what he does.

Good luck with them Jarrod, they are beautiful!

@Fishbites - Wayne, sounds like the same plant. That's how it was growing in the creek I found it in. I'll see if I keep it under control, as I thought it might be a good plant for the male to build bubble nests under. Celebrity fish huh? Hope that means that they are used to paparazzi, as they will be in line for a photo shoot or two once they settle in :)

@Matt, thanks again. As you say, they are a beautiful pair. I'd love for them to breed. I'll be keeping a close eye on them :D

Thanks Les, the male is starting to feel a little more comfortable. I spotted him at the front of the glass a couple of times yesterday, but too shy to stay there if he spotted me... *lol* they both happily took bloodworms yesterday as their first meal. Let's see if they will take some pellets today.

Shh, don't tell them I'll have some blood worms ready should they not like the pellets...

The female had finally colored up last night and lost her stress stripes... At first I thought it was the male...

Looking really good now, some amazing growth on your triffid haha. My wilds would be jealous if they saw that set-up. All they get is moss and some PVC pipe hides :lol: I've found doing a water change with cold water is a good way to get most of my wild pairs spawning. Beautiful fish and definitely a species I will have to add to my growing obsession...I mean 'collection'.

Edited by Wild Nut

Not only am I counting down to christmass onj an advent calinder but I am allso counting down this thread (Mate already shisla) I supose if you named it the YHVA spawn they would come on the 25th LOL (No thids is not blasphemy)

Cheers

Les

• 3 months later...

This tank had fallen into a bit of disarray since I lost both of my mahachai. I've had a solitary splendens girl in it solo with all but the java ferns dead due to inadequate lighting.

In anticipation of my new wilds arriving, I cleaned out the tank, added a few more low light plants (more java fern to the driftwood, val and some baby crypts), gave it a waterchange and tidyup.

94a7530c.jpg

418c5029.jpg

830fe90b.jpg

Trying to decide whether to add a trio of cories...