Mixed cichlid tank.

Fletch

I have mentioned my fathers tank in the past and promised video. Here it is. This was a privately owned tank that was thirty plus years in the making. The amount of hours I spent in front of this tank.......

My father is a new member so if anyone has any questions, shoot away. Sure he will answer them when he gets on line. I don't know most of the fish by name.

Look for the big frontosa, never seen a bigger one. Many fish bred in this tank including red devils, frontis, parrots ect.

A bug thank you must be said to Jarrod. He has put a fair bit of effort and time to edit it and load it.

Ask away with questions. If you want to see more, just ask.

Hope you enjoy. :-)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBPaoaKfcQ

One weekend a fortnight to maintain the tank. Two large eheim canister filters.

A lot has changed now for fishkeepers. Back then there was no forums and if you had a disease or a problem, there were very few to turn to. I think dad broke a lot of rules and am sure he made a few incorrect decisions but you don't end up with a tank like this without taking risks.

It really is so much easier now.

very unusual to see hardwater high pH African cichlids and softwater American cichlids in the same tank successfully - guessing its a fairly neutral pH in there for them..... could be a powder keg waiting to go off with the size of those red devils and that fronny boy is brilliant!!! Great to see plecos and some of the smaller cichlids happily co-existing in there too....

Can't blame you for spending time in front of the tank at times - I had a 6x2x3 and know how much that weighed - for an extra 2ft length that is a great size tank!

Thanks for showing us :)

Funny you say that. There was a fire eel that only ate earth worms. The only way to feed this guy was to pinch one end of the worm between thumb and two fingers while hiding the rest of the worm in your hand. Put your hand in the tank, as far down as possible. He would come up and grab the wiggling end a take off.

The other fish knew what was going on and would try and grab it. I am talking BIG blackbelt, red devil, Oscar ect.

I still remember my mum jumping back with a yell when one of the big guys nailed her hand. Drew blood.

I like part 3 the best.

Thanks again for that Shadoh. :-). At least I have a record on line now to show people. Showed an aquarium today that basically called me a liar in the past. It was sweet. Lol.

Edited by Busman