Low maintenance Plants

What is parvo? Soil from a landscape yard is good, its not made of bark and doesn't have wetting agents.

a disease that kills dogs and is found in the soil and faeces of sick dogs who already have it lol.

I will check at bunnings tomorrow for a small bag of soil without bark and wetting agents to be on safe side

Shaun, get the better quality potting soil from Bunnings (8ish dollars a bag, not the 3 dollar one) its much richer and less twiggy. I put mine through a wide seive to filter the soil from the big chunks of wood anyway, helps keep tannins out somewhat.

NPT's are a great budget option, I can't recommend them enough.

Hey Shaun, don't want to sound like a complainer, but could you use the reply button rather than the quote button. I'm reading everything twice lol! Can't help myself.

Ps. Looking forward to seeing how you go with this tank!

Well i went to Bunnings today and was unable to find a potting mix or soil which did not have added fertiliser or wetting agents in it so i struck out. This brings me to my question, how eould the filtlerless setup work with zeolite as the substrate under the gravel as opposed to top soil ? Otherwise i might need to goto a landscaping place to get some top soil since mines crap