submersed tubs

Do any members keep tubs of submersed plants for future planting prospects? If yes what types are you keeping?

I just put three tubs 2Ftx1Ft one of Hair Grass one of Micro Sword and one of Ambulia cuttings in the glass house, they are restting on about 30cm of a mixture of aged sawdust and cow poo this reaches halfway up the sides and I am hoping this insulates a little but the glass house stays prity constant bromalaids and gingers grow in ther all year round

Cheers

Les

Hi Matt I am still not the full BOB on aquatic plants so yes to the submersed you are righ about the ambulia. I am not sure what I was sold as micro sword is actualy micro sword as I have looked it up and it looks different to what I have

Cheers

Les

It might be lilaeopsis, it's called micro sword too. Am I reading this right, your substrate is 30cm deep? If so you need to take out around 28cm of it. Emmersed growth will be easiest for you, aquatic plants need co2, as do all plants. Some substrates produce co2, like mine, but some people inject co2 from a canister. If you grow them emmersed they can access as much co2 as they need. Just keep the humidity up with glass lids od glad wrap.

I was reading that some people were using a layer of coconut peat under the substraight and that helped to produce CO2 in the tank by its slow decomp I was going to arc up the yeast reactor as that gave me good results with the crypts before what do you recon?

Cheers

Les