My Tank

The lighting is metal halide 3x150w they are shop display halides the fixture where made buy a friend I will try and find some more detailed pics

they are fully ajustable height wise and also move in and out and can be swivelled out of the way when working on the tank

The substrate is a diy Werribe mixture and has been in the tank for some time now so probablly not that many nutrients in it but I do suplement it with a little diy osmocote icecubes and dino dung from time to time

The tank is dosed daily with again diy ferts that I mix up using the pps pro method of dosing plus extra iron, just cant seem to get my reds right

25ml macro nutrients, 20ml micro nutrients and 20ml iron all dosed daily or most I often drop a dose of one or the other once a week

pressurised Co2

std fortnightly to monthly water change no idea of amount One hose in to fill from tap one hose out to empty

Ideally I would like to add another 150w of lighting and maybe some day I will try it

the tank has been runing 5 or 6 years? but was left at one stage with one light and pretty much lost everything(plant wise)except for val that had taken over a third of the tank

12 months ago I decided it was tiime to get it up and running again so I fixed the lighting up and started renting co2 again, lots of new plants, and still adding and removing plants

I was dosing Seachem products but due to the cost of that I moved to the diy ferts about 3 or 4 months ago now due to the savings

Thanks

Ray

That is so nice!! I would never be able to leave the house. Just sit and stare at it all day. What's in the little black pots? Do you spend a lot of time trimming? Algae problems?

The little pots are excess plants I grow out and sell, lotus and crpyts and a few other bits some are scattered along the front as you can see and some are scattered in amongst everything else

Actually not a lot of trimming as there are not a lot of stem plants but I am pretty ruff and generally just tear of anything that annoys me as it soon regrows and remove the the odd lotus leaf or aponogeten leaf when theyre are too many

as for algae there is a litlle in the tank but it seems to be reducing and not enough to bother me too much there is a little blackbeard on some of the wood and rocks and a little bit of green spot on the glass the pic was taken today and it has been 3 months since I have cleaned the inside of the glass the siamese algae eaters 5 off seem to be doing ok with the blackbeard and I think since starting the diy ferts it has reduced slowly

I have been tempted to do a little spot dosing with excell or h202 to kill it but as I said its not that bad

The most anoyying part is the duckweed I have had several attemps at getting rid of it but it always seems to come back

this was a large aponogeton I removed a couple of months ago and I removed another not as big as this about 1/3 last month these actually started to regrow in the tank when I fixed the lighting up after being what I thought was dead for 12 months or more

there is a can for sizing but this plant is laying on a bath towell

P1040192.JPG

thanks for all the nice comments and hope you enjoyed

Ray

Bettarazzi I have tried telling the Mrs that for years LOL

Neffy the tank really had no planning to it it has just developed It has had a few minor changes from time to time a piece of wood or rock addeded or removed sometimes something outgrows it location so gets ripped out Like the apongetton but there is more growing and I think 3 or 4 smaller ones in pots mixed in amongst the plants growing out to be sold, there was also a huge amount of crypts and java fern removed and sold recently.

The large red lotus was moved a couple of months ago from the back of the the tank to the middle and the same type of thing happens with other plants to make room for something else or I find its not looking right.

the green crypts on the left side will be moved next further to the left and back a little so a rock will be removed or repositioned and I hope to get something new in the old crypt location and allow a little more light in for the red plant in that location

I recently purchased a red barclaya from the auction that I had been chasing for a while but it has dropped all its leaves so may turn out to be a waste of money but they are known to do so and require a rest period so i will leave the little stump and hope it resprouts in its own time or I can pick up another at the fish fair to replace it (see even I have problems with plants)

I hope you all enjoyed having a look as I enjoyed sharing the pics and thanks for the wonderfull comments

Ray