:confused: What's wrong with my tank!

zhong89

Recently I'm having a little bit of trouble with my community tank, I had a few long fin bristlenose deaths within the last few weeks (expensive fish)! I have tested the water and the water conditions are perfect!

Before water change:

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 10

Temperature: 26 degrees

It's run on a sponge filter and canister filter

I do a 40% water change every week coz I'm over stocking a little bit, it has being fine for the last few months and only recently when I have decreased the number of fish in the tank and the deaths have started.

I really don't know why I'm having fish deaths at all! There's plenty of oxygen in the tank, there's a current throughout the tank. I have being feeding them good food, fresh vegetable + algae wafer + shrimp pellets and my bristlenose are breeding nicely too...

Last night my endlers look like they're gasping on top of the tank for air, I immediately did a 40% water and added an air stone. They're not gasping anymore but I really need to find the source of the problem coz I don't want it to happen again.

Thanks in advance

no sprays, a new anubias driftwood a couple of weeks ago, no new anything.

The deaths didn't happen on hot days.. Nitrite test = 0.

Does where I get the water to do the test matter? I got the water on the surface of the tank, could the water at the bottom of the tank be different?

rotting anubias? I thought anubias are suppose to hardy and not rot under most conditions? I had a smell of the anubias (taken out of water of course) and there's no smell or rotting anywhere on the plant. I'm getting a 3 ft tank to replace this one and I'm hoping the extra room will fix whatever problem this is...

But don't hesitate to tell me if you guys figure it out!