Anubias above water level

I have a number of Anubias plants attacked to driftwood that are currently suffering from an algae outbreak in my community tank. I think I recall reading that Anubias can survive (and thrive) with the leaves above water level as long as their roots are submerged. If I was to do this would the algae all die from the plant leaves? I believe a couple have black beard algae which I know is terribly hard to get rid of, so I'm hoping this could be an easy fix. I was thinking to put the plants into a tub with their leaves above the water, and then put them in the garage for a few days where they would get minimal light (and bring them out before the actual plant starves). Thoughts?

Of course, to make things harder I think my corydoras have put eggs on the driftwood, lol.

im not sure if emersed leaves will help with all algea blooms
they will survive though we have some emersed leaves in our pallifina tank no problem
you can spot dose with flourish excel for black beard algea.
use a syringe or eye dropper right up on the spots affected and it will begin to die off in a few days :)
also maybe look at your photo period (amount of light on tank) as this is a leading cause of algea blooms and fixing the cause is better than treating the symptoms

• Like 1